Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Leaves and The Moon

Grandmother, the plants came alive fast this year. The trees are thick with leaves, and the leaves are thin and soft. It all came so fast this year. What does that mean Grandmother?
Why are some years slow and some years fast?

Granddaughter, that is just the way. Listen to that and watch the young men and women. Listen to that and know the way of it all. Our brothers and sisters the plants tell us about ourselves in a way that we cannot otherwise know. There are signs and they are clear.
I often think when I sit in my lodge that the people have forgotten this, but it is right there for all to see.

Grandmother, today I think I will open my eyes. Today the sun is shining so brightly, how can I miss the signs?

Granddaughter, you can only miss them if you are looking too hard at the sun. The daze of days.
Look at the moon and she will talk to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment